TeeRoy's 2 Cents:
- Now that's what I call a poker face.
- What do you want him to do? Just mope around everywhere like a sad sack?
- Keep your head up, Melly.
- What kind of message does smiling send to others in the court room?
- Sometimes the reality you find yourself in can feel so surreal you can't do anything but smile.
- Maybe he's grinning because he knows something we don't and really likes his chances.
- Free Melly!
YNW Melly is facing the death penalty, but you wouldn’t know it from the look on his face.
Melly was about as calm as could be in court on Thursday in South Florida. There was a strong contrast between the grin on his face and his prison-issued jumpsuit and shackles. On Twitter, he posted, "I'll be home soon. I'm smiling because God is with me."
Melly has been behind bars for five months and counting after being charged with the murder of two friends, who were former members of the YNW crew. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty. (TMZ)