I'm sure you are always looking for ways to save a few extra bucks. A website called VICE talk to various people on how they save money. Some of it you might already do, some of it well might be a little odd or GROSS hahah But hey do what you gotta do right?
Here are a list of some money saving ideas:
- “I cut open my face wash and moisturizer to get every last drop because that stuff is $$$$.”
- “(Purchase) meat at the grocery store on a Sunday night. They tend to stock up before the weekend but by Sunday everyone has what they are going to grill and such; what remains must be sold, at a big discount too.”
- “Save old water from washing fruits/rice and use to water plants.”
- “My wife cuts my hair; sometimes I have the kids use my bathwater; I’ll drive up to 4 hours to a different airport for a cheaper ticket; I rarely eat out and when I do it's carryout, no matter the restaurant, to avoid the 20 percent tip.”
- "I bring an empty plastic bottle with me when I go to the gym and fill it up with the hand soap inside the gym’s bathroom. Saves me money on soap and it so happens I love the smell."
- "Instead of buying plastic containers, I wash and reuse empty ice cream or butter containers for storage."
- “My friend Jay and I in our club-going days used to hide our coats in an alley near this club, rather than pay the $1 coat-check fee."
- “If the paper towel isn’t too dirty, I’ll rinse and hang it out to dry so I can reuse it.”
- “Every time I go to any fast food place and they dump your bag full up ketchup or other condiments, I save all of them so I can use them later."